5 innovative companies won the summer season of Webit’s Founders Games
Over 75,000 attendees took part in the four-day hybrid edition of Webit Impact Forum (www.webit.org ) on June 28-July 1. The event also featured the Finals of Webit’s Founders Games, one of the world's largest growth challenges supporting exponential innovations for a resilient and sustainable future.
5 companies from a total of over 3,000 applicants from 140 countries (0,15%) succeeded in proving their business models and impact in front of over 250 investors jury from around the world. This is the world’s first collective intelligence challenge of this scale.
The finals all-star jury was chaired by Tim Draper (venture capitalist and founder of the Draper Venture Network), Gilad Novik (former Partner at Lakestar, among the first investors in Facebook, Spotify), Dr. Alexander "Sasha" Galitsky (Founder & MP of Almaz Capital), Dr. Risto Siilasmaa, (Founder of F-secure & Chairman of Nokia 2012-2020), Ajay Ramachandran (Founding Partner of ifMagic VC), as well as Dr. Plamen Rusev ( www.russev.com ) - investor and founder of Webit and WIN (Webit Investment Network). Each of the companies received an investment award of €500,000, with the opportunity to increase the investment up to €1 million per company after the upcoming meeting of the WIN Board of Directors.
The winners are:
1. CAKE 0 Emission - the Swedish electric bike company aims to contribute to a zero emission society with technology that has been compared to that of Volvo in regards to safety and sustainability. To date, the company has attracted a total of €68 million in
2. EcoTree is a Danish company that offers a high quality, certified carbon removal solution that pays for itself and builds biodiversity and sustainable forestry. To date, EcoTree has raised a total of €12 million investments and doubles its revenue every coming year since foundation.
3. 360VUZ brings an exotic twist coming from the UАЕ. The company owns the largest 360-degree video content library worldwide and is building a hyper-connected product to teleport, empower and entertain its users by capturing and delivering live and on-demand 360° video content and interactive experiences for sporting events, celebrity appearances, concerts and more. 360VUZ has generated revenue of over $3M for 2021, which is expected to grow to over $8M for 2022.
4. WechselGott is a German FinTech company which offers a platform for automatic collection of customer insurance and energy contracts and processing through various APIs. They have signed contracts with some of the largest banks in Austria and Germany, and express ambitions to expand across Europe with a $6.6M raised in funding so far.
5. Alver World is a Swiss company that produces proteins from the Golden, Diamond and Ruby Chlorella microalgae. Alver has a patent for the most sustainable way to produce protein from algae, which also serves as a binding agent in the production of healthy foods. The company has raised $6M in investor capital to date and announced the closing of an upcoming round in the next month.
“It’s been one of the most competitive of all 12 Founders Games' years of history. This is due to the fact that we’re continuously growing our footprint year by year and also part of the announcement of the world's biggest award of $6M which we plan to grow to $10M in the future," commented Dr. Plamen Rusev right after the spectacular Founders Games awards ceremony.
A few weeks ago, the Webit Investment Network had a super successful IPO with over 240% oversubscription and more than 750 investors. WIN is the public financial tool which Webit has created to unite retail investors and turn them into impact investors in the finalists of the Founders Games. Webit and the global community of investors and leaders will further collaborate and nurture together for their future success, to create value for the investors and a better and sustainable future.
Applications for the next season are open at www.foundersgames.org
Contact: Sofia Yovcheva