SeenewsSeenews
Search
Seenews
AlertsSeenewsSeenews
Searchclose
TOPICS
arrow
COUNTRIES
arrow
INDUSTRY
arrow
Economy
arrow
Browse Economy
Mix and match your focus countries with our advanced search
Investments
arrow
Browse Investments
Mix and match your focus countries with our advanced search
Latest in Investments
Deals
arrow
Browse Deals
Mix and match your focus countries with our advanced search
Tech
arrow
Browse Tech
Mix and match your focus countries with our advanced search
Latest in Tech
Green
arrow
Browse Green
Mix and match your focus countries with our advanced search
0/5
You have 5 free articles left this month
You have 0/5 free articles
Sign up to get 5 more free articles this month
SIGN UP
arrow
LOGIN
arrow

Wabio's Serbian unit plans to build 20 biogas plants - report

Apr 19, 2023, 4:19:46 PMArticle by Djordje Jajcanin
share
April 19 (SeeNews) - Wabio Investment Holding, the Serbian arm of Chinese renewable energy company Wabio Technology Holding, plans to launch the construction of a 20 million euro ($21.9 million) biogas plant next week, local media reported on Wednesday.

Wabio's Serbian unit plans to build 20 biogas plants - report
Photo: Pixabay

The investment in the village of Nova Crnja, northern Serbia, will mark the start of an investment cycle in Serbia worth 400 million euro, news provider Ekapija reported.

This will be the first such plant in the region, and the plan is to build a total of twenty in Serbia.

“Wabio Technology exclusively uses waste materials as raw materials. The processing technology available to the company allows it to obtain 3 billion cubic metres of green methane from these raw materials, which is enough for the gas independence of the country,” Ekapija quoted Wabio Investment Holding as saying in a statement.

According to the Serbian business registry, Wabio Technology Holding Limited owns an equity stake of 92.5% in Wabio Investment Holding, with private individual Dusko Boskovic holding the remaining 7.5% of the company’s share capital. The company was founded in June 2021, with a capital of 1,000 dinars.

($ = 0.9151 euro)

Your complete guide to the emerging economies of Southeast Europe. From latest news to bespoke research – the big picture at the tip of your fingers.