NLB backs gains in Ljubljana stock market indices
Croatian share indices end higher, HPB leads gainers
Romanian stock indices rebound, OMV Petrom shines
Romania's Agroland Agribusiness 2023 net profit down 56%
BREF, Doverie push lower Bulgarian stock indices
Oct 29, 2009 10:51 EEST
October 29 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in the online versions of Romanian media on Thursday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- Romania's western county of Caras Severin has opened a 26.2 hectare industrial park, Nova Terova, in the town of Resita, following 10 million euro investment, county's authorities said.
- Losses related to non-performing loans in Romania could reach 43 billion lei, equal to 9.0% of the country's gross domestic product, compared to an average for the region estimated at 13%, a World's Bank report showed.
- PepsiAmericas Inc., the world's second-largest Pepsi bottler, has said its third-quarter revenue on the European markets was negatively affected by the economic downturn in Romania, company's CEO Robert C. Pohlad said.
- US-French group Alcatel-Lucent will transfer some of the staff of its Romanian unit to firms set up in partnership with other companies and there will be no lay-offs, as part of a program to streamline its operations, local branch officials said.
- Romania's flag air carrier Tarom will launch flights from the capital Bucharest to Italy's Bari on December 11, the company said. It will fly the route on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Danish Danske Bank sees the Romanian leu depreciating to 4.45 lei per euro in the next three months, as the political situation in the country and the possible outcome of the country's negotiations with the IMF are putting pressure on the leu, the head of the bank's emerging markets department, Lars Christensen, said.
- Turnover of LukOil Romania, the local unit of the Russia's LukOil, halved year-on-year in the first nine months to $932 million mainly due to a fall in the price of oil, LukOil Romania director general Constantin Tampiza said.
(1 euro=4.3125 Romanian lei)
You have run out of free articles this month.
Sign up in for
and get ten (10) free articles per month or sign up for
and get unlimited access.
Browse our free newsletter options