October 27 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in the online versions of Romanian media on Tuesday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- Romania's factoring market has high growth potential since it accounts for just 1.5% of gross domestic product, compared to an average of 3.0% in Europe, market sources said.
- Romania's Economy Ministry will have to disclose the potential locations considered for the construction of a second nuclear plant in the country after Greenpeace Romania won a lawsuit filed against the ministry over its refusal to disclose the locations, the daily said.
- E.ON Gaz Romania has invested around 100 million euro to complete its gas storage programme, company officials said. The supplier will lay off 247 employees starting with December.
- Romanian subway unionists will protest on Thursday in front of the Transport Ministry and the Finance Ministry, to show discontent with the talks held on Monday with the management of subway company Metrorex.
- Italian underwear retailer Benetton is looking for investors to expand its store network in Romania as the company has received some offers already, said Alan Bichler, director of ChemCo, which operates Benetton’s stores in southeastern Europe.
- Romanian building materials producer Soceram sees its turnover falling 15% this year after a 30% rise in 2008, as the company will build only two out of nine new production units planned for this year, cutting investments by around 100 million due to crisis, head of the company's management board Roxana Gheorghe said.
- The total number of AH1/N1 flu cases in Romania reached 381 by October 26, Romania’s Health ministry said.