October 14 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories carried by the online versions of Montenegrin media on Wednesday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy:
- The European Commission said in its latest progress report on Montenegro that it is still concerned about the press freedom in the country, the daily said, quoting a draft of the report, which will be published later on Wednesday. In August, Podgorica Mayor Miomir Mugosa and his son assaulted Vijesti editor Mihailo Jovovic and photographer Bosris Pejovic.
- Montenegro has published a government decree on wind power in the latest edition of its official gazette, which opens the way for research of potential wind power and building wind farms, the daily said.
- Montenegro’s healthcare and spa centre Simo Milosevic needs at least 1.5 million euro credit to sustain operations after an attempt by the government to sell the firm failed earlier this year, the head of the company's management board, Dragan Jankovic, said. The company ended last year with a 1.7 million euro loss.
- Works on the construction of Montenegro’s 169.2 kilometre Bar-Boljare motorway will start on October 15, Transport Minister Andrija Lompar said. A consortium of Croatian companies, led by Konstruktor, was awarded a 2.77 billion euro build-and-operate concession on the north-south motorway crossing Montenegro's territory.