SKOPJE (Macedonia), December 17 (SeeNews) – Following are some of the main stories carried by the online versions of Macedonian media on Thursday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- The management of Macedonian retail chain Tinex expects higher earnings in 2009, after registering a profit of two million euro last year, the management said. The company implemented a rapid expansion strategy in the last few years by opening huge supermarkets.
- The net interest income of Macedonian banks totalled 230 million euro in the first nine months of 2009, whilst the net fees and provisions were 38 million euro, the central bank said.
- Macedonia will build five landfills through the country according to the EU standards, the Environment Ministry said.
- The owners of hotels and restaurants in the lakeside city of Ohrid have reduced prices before the New Year holidays, after the city mayor Aleksandar Petreski urged them to make their services cheaper by 20%-30%.
- Macedonia and Kosovo on Wednesday signed an agreement for economic cooperation that will deepen the collaboration between both countries mainly in the energy, infrastructure, transportation and construction sectors.