December 23 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in the online versions of Romanian media on Wednesday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- Austria's Erste Romanian unit, BCR, posted a net profit of 250 million lei in January-October, calculated under the Romanian accounting standards, according to sources in the banking sector.
- Romanian furniture producer Elvila sees its turnover falling by 5.0% next year after it dropped by 20% in 2009, company's owner Viorel Catarma said.
- Romania has reported 37 swine flu-related deaths by Tuesday, the Health Ministry said. It also confirmed 5,297 infections with the A/H1N1 virus by Tuesday with 50 new cases registered in the last 24 hours.
- Natural gas demand in Romania will slightly revive next year and a new gas crisis in January is unlikely, head of gas importer WIEE Romania, Serban Stanescu, said.
- The unemployment rate in Romania will rise to 8.0%-8.5% in the first half of 2010 and will reach an average 7.3% by the end-2010, down from 7.8% in 2009, the country's designated Labour Minister Mihail Seitan said.
- Romania's designated Communications Minister Gabriel Sandu said he has no plan to sell state-owned postal company Posta Romana during his mandate, but intends to reorganise it. He added that the state's stake in Romtelecom will not be sold either.
(1 euro=4.213 Romanian lei)