October 6 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in Bulgarian newspapers on Tuesday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- Bulgaria shall draft its energy strategy through 2020 by the end of the year, Energy Minister Traycho Traykov said. The strategy will call for raising energy efficiency by 50% and development of renewable energy resources.
- Bulgarian business lobby groups expect unemployment rate in the country to rise to 12-13% next year and the number of unemployed to increase by 150,000 people in the next 12-15 months.
- Bulgarian gambling industry turnover has nearly halved since the beginning of the year due to the economic downturn, data of the Bulgarian Trade Association of the Producers and Operators in the Gambling Industry showed. Following the ban of gambling in most of Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan many of the Bulgarian companies operating in the sector turned to the markets of Europe and the U.S.
- Discount supermarket chain Penny Market, part of Germany's REWE Group, plans to open 20-30 outlets in Bulgaria by the end of the year and run a total 150 outlets and two logistics centres in the country within five years, the company said.
- The construction of the 147 million euro Lyulin motorway near Sofia, designed to link the capital with Bulgaria's western and southwestern regions, has been delayed because a new project for more than half of the length of the 19-kilometre motorway is being drafted, Regional Development Minister Rosen Plevneliev said. The existing plan for the construction of the motorway designed back in the 1970s would raise the cost of the project.
- At least two companies are interested in acquiring stake in the future Bulgarian nuclear power plant Belene, Energy Minister Traycho Tryakov said. The state wants to sell up to 30% of its 51% stake in the plant. The remaining 49% is held by Germany's RWE.
- Italy's Enel has put into operation a 21-megawatt wind farm with annual capacity of 56.5 million kilowatthours in Kavarna, on the northeastern Bulgarian Black Sea coast, the company said.