You have 10 free articles left this month. Get your freeBasic subscription now and gain instant access to more.

Croatia's Split buys 34 new buses for 93 mln kuna (12.6 mln euro)

Croatia's Split buys 34 new buses for 93 mln kuna (12.6 mln euro) Photo: All Rights Reserved

ZAGREB (Croatia), September 5 (SeeNews) - Croatian municipal bus transport company Promet has bought 34 new buses for the streets of Split, the country's second-largest city, for 93 million kuna ($13.9 million/12.6 million euro), including VAT, the city government said.  

The European Union provided 85% of the project financing, while the remaining 15% came from the state budget, the Split government said in a press release on Wednesday.

The new fleet consists of 20 articulated Mercedes buses, and 14 solo MAN buses.  

"The eco-friendly and modern buses contribute to a higher quality of living, to a better quality of public transport which also means greater satisfaction of our citizens, especially considering that the new buses have been adapted for people with disabilities," Split mayor Andro Krstulovic said.

He also said that a further 18 new buses will join the fleet of Promet by May 7.

(1 euro = 7.40283 kuna)

 

Compare