September 22 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in the online versions of Romanian media on Tuesday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- Patrick Gelin, the president of the Romanian unit of French banking group Societe Generale, BRD bank, may retire in the following months, bank sources said.
- The damages from the accident, in which a passenger train travelling from the western city of Timisoara to the capital Bucharest derailed near the southern city of Craiova on Monday, may reach five million euro, the head of passenger railway carrier CFR Calatori, Laurentiu Stoica, said.
- Economy Minister Adriean Videanu and the vice-president of Russia's Gazprom may meet later this month to discuss the South Stream gas pipeline project.
- The 13-floor Pipera Business Tower, developed by Austrian real estate developer S+B Gruppe following an investment of some 25 million euro, has only one tenant, the daily reported. The company may register losses worth some 700,000 euro by the end of the year due to lack of tenants.
- Romanian flag carrier Tarom will operate weekly flights between Bucharest and Austria’s Salzburg between December 5 and February 27, the company said.
- Romanian businessman Ion Tiriac sees local leu currency at 4.5 per euro next year.
($= 0.6763 euro)