September 16 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in the online versions of Romanian media on Wednesday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
You can download the 2023 Automotive industry in Southeast Europe report here
- The idea of an economic recovery in the fourth quarter is just a statistical speculation, based on the fact that in the fourth quarter of 2008 the country recorded a less noticeable decline, the general manager of ING Bank's Romanian unit Misu Negritoiu said. The full-year economic decline will stand at about 8.0%.
- Romanian businessman Ion Tiriac, owner of U.S. Ford representative in Romania, Romcar, said that a joint venture with Ford could be created to import the American brand to Romania after August 2010.
- New passenger car registrations in the EU states under the brand of Romanian carmaker Dacia, owned by France's Renault, rose by 30.8% on the year to 160,050 cars in the January-August period, the European Automobile Manufacturers' Association said.
- Romanians living in Moldova must consider Romania an ally on which they can rely, Romania’s President Traian Basescu said.
- Romania’s government proposed to Kazakhstan to exploit and buy uranium from the Asian state’s deposits for the operations of the future two nuclear reactors of Romania’s sole nuclear plant Cernavoda, Economy Ministry state secretary Tudor Serban said.
- German chocolate producer Muller has invested 4.0 million euro in a new factory in northwestern Romania. The factory will start operations in November and will have 100 employees, the plant's manager Camil Burian said.
($= 0.6806 euro)