December 15 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in the online versions of Romanian media on Tuesday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- Some 21% of the foreigners working in Italy are Romanians, representing the biggest share among other nationalities, a report by Italian researcher ISMU showed.
- Romania's gas consumption fell by an annual 5.0% in November while electricity consumption was 3.4% down on the year, the daily said.
- Danish wind turbines producer Vestas expects an increase in orders from wind farm developers in Romania after contracting turbines worth 228 megawatts so far this year in the country, the daily said.
- The share capital of Smithfield Ferme, the Romanian division of U.S. Smithfield Foods, was increased by 438.4 million lei to 551.7 million lei through a debt conversion, the news agency said.
- Prices for renting office spaces in Romania will keep falling in the first half of 2010, as the biggest decrease is expected in rents for second class offices, real estate market analysts forecast.
- Romanian banks laid off 3,160 employees and closed 88 branches in the first nine months of 2009, the country's central bank data showed.
(1 euro=4.2505 Romanian lei)