November 9 (SeeNews) - Romania’s Prime Minister-designate Liviu Negoita on Monday said he nominated incumbent ministers of Finance and Economy, Gheorghe Pogea and Adriean Videanu, to the same posts.
Gabriel Oprea and Bogdan Aurescu will head the ministries of interior and foreign affairs, respectively, Negoita told reporters.
Last week President Traian Basescu nominated Negoita, the mayor of one of the Bucharest districts, as prime minister-designate, two days after parliament rejected his previous nomination Lucian Croitoru, an advisor to the central bank governor. Croitoru had also kept Pogea and Videanu on their current positions.
Negoita is expected to present the new ministerial team to parliament for approval later this week.
The Liberals, Social Democrats and ethnic Hungarians, which together control two-thirds of the 471 seats in parliament and oppose the Democrat-Liberal Party of outgoing Prime Minister Emil Boc, have said they would not back Negoita's government. Boc's cabinet fell in a no-confidence vote last month.
Last week the International Monetary Fund and the European Union said they would postpone their next loan tranches under a 20 billion euro ($29.9 billion) stand-by arrangement with Romania until the political situation in the country stabilises.
The ministerial nominations follow as announced by Negoita:
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports – Daniel Funeriu
- Ministry of Regional Development and Tourism - Vasile Blaga
- Ministry of Internal Affairs – Gabriel Oprea
- Ministry of Finance – Gheorghe Pogea
- Ministry of Labour and Social Protection – Mihai Seitan
- Ministry of Transport and Communications - Radu Berceanu
- Ministry of Agriculture – Valeriu Tabara
- Ministry of Economy - Adriean Videanu
- Ministry of Health - Anton Cristian Iremie
- Ministry of Defence - Mihai Stanisoara
- Ministry of Justice - Catalin Predoiu
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Bogdan Aurescu
- Ministry of Environment – Sulfina Barbu
- Ministry of Culture - Teodor Paleologu
Eleven out of the 14 ministers proposed by Negoita had also been nominated by Croitoru.
($ = 0.667 euro)