Serbia’s jobless rate falls to 9% in Q3
Albania picks LA-OR to install HPP switches
UPDATE 1 - Serbia’s economy grows 3.6% y/y in Q3
Foreign tourist visits to Serbia up 9% y/y in Oct
Croatia's retail sales volume up real 6.5% y/y in Oct
Sep 03, 2009 11:25 EEST
September 3 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in the online versions of Romanian media on Thursday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- The prices of residential buildings in Romania decreased by 40% in the first half this year compared to the end of 2008; the biggest fall of 23% was registered in the prices of old apartments, data from local consultancy Darian Rom-Suise showed.
- Romanian insurance companies will start to feel the pinch of the crisis this autumn, when some of the insurance policies signed last year will not be renewed as a result of the slump in clients' purchasing power. The biggest decline is expected in comprehensive car insurance, Casco, the president of local insurer Uniqa Asigurari, Ileana Horvath, said.
- Prio Oil Extraction Romania, part of Portuguese group Martifer, is in talks with the European Investment Bank to borrow 32 million euro for construction of a seed oil extraction factory.
- Romanian flag carrier Tarom has launched a flight from the capital Bucharest to France's Lyon, company officials said.
- Romanian President Traian Basescu said his country wants a partnership on equal footing with the Russian Federation, adding that the current relationship with Russia is a pragmatic one and there is a special need to boost trust between the two countries.
- Romanian Black Sea port city of Mangalia will invest 4.4 million euro in a new entertainment complex at the coast, Mangalia Mayor Claudiu Tusac said. Construction works will start at the end of September.
(1 euro=4.241 Romanian lei)
You have run out of free articles this month.
Sign up in for
and get ten (10) free articles per month or sign up for
and get unlimited access.
Browse our free newsletter options