N. Macedonia's Prilepska Pivarnica buys back own shares
Montenegro to build 15 mln euro fishing port - report
Albania’s Pol-Fer gets 114 kW rooftop PV plant
Slovenian banks double 2023 net profit
EBRD mulls lending 28 mln euro to Montenegro's CGES
Nov 09, 2009 12:27 EEST
November 9 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in the online versions of Romanian media over the weekend and on Monday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- Romania was one of few markets in central and eastern Europe where Italian insurer Generali registered growth on the car insurance segment, in particular CASCO, in the first nine months this year, the insurer said. Generali also reported growth in Serbia and Poland.
- Romanian producers and importers of car and industrial lubricants expect their sales volume to fall by 10% next year after it decreased 30% in the first nine months this year, companies operating on the market said.
- Romanian state-owned hydropower generator and supplier Hidroelectrica will start this week negotiations with local wind farm developers to acquire a 100 megawatt wind power plant, the company's director general Mihai David said.
- Italian candy maker Perfetti Van Melle will close its factory in the northwestern city of Cluj-Napoca in February and will lay off 168, due to worsening economic situation in Romania this year, head of the company's unit in Romania Silviu Toader said. He added that the company will continue to sell on the Romanian market through a local importer and distributor.
- More than half out of 600 employees of oil refinery Arpechim, owned by Romanian oil and gas group Petrom, will be laid off by the end of the year, head of refinery's trade union Marian Dumitru said.
- Sorin Oprescu, an independent candidate in the November 22 presidential elections, said he is inclined to accept the legalisation of prostitution, but the country's healthcare system is not ready for such a move.
- Romania has received an approval from the European Commission to export pork meat to European Union member states as of January, the daily reported.
You have run out of free articles this month.
Sign up in for
and get ten (10) free articles per month or sign up for
and get unlimited access.
Browse our free newsletter options