November 20 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in the online versions of Romanian media on Friday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- Romanian life insurer BCR Asigurari de Viata sees its net profit rising 40%-50% this year, the company's director general Florina Vizinteanu said.
- Rompetrol Downstream, the filling stations operator of second-largest Romanian oil group Rompetrol, sees its fuel sales growing 3.0% next year as demand will start to recover in the second half of 2010, the company's commercial director Iulian Antonache said.
- The contraction of Romania's economy is expected at 7.0%-7.5% this year, slightly better than the previous forecast of an 8.0% drop, after the economy shrank less than expected in the third quarter, deputy Finance Minister Gratiela Iordache said.
- Romanian annual inflation rate is expected to fall to 3.8% in 2010 and further to 3.3% in 2011, provided that fiscal and income policies are tightened, the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) said in a report. For 2009, EIU estimates the inflation to be bellow Romanian central bank's target cap of 4.5%. EIU also expects the Romanian leu to stand at 4.33 per euro at end-2009, and to gain ground up to 3.97 per euro at the end of 2010.
- The volume of sales of Romanian brewer Ursus Breweries, a unit of UK-based SABMiller, fell by 12% on the year in the first half of the company's fiscal year of April to September, the company said.
- Romania's Health Ministry confirmed 1,651 infections with the A(H1N1) virus by Thursday with 132 of them registered in the last 24 hours.