August 21 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in the online versions of Romanian media on Friday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- Romanian railcar manufacturer Astra Vagoane Calatori Arad gave up a partnership with German maker of rolling stock Siemens, under which it was due to start producing a new tramway model, the railcar maker’s owner Valer bildar said.
- Romanian clothes maker Secuiana will lay off some 160 employees in the second half of September due to a drop in orders, according to the plant's director Dobra Laszlo.
- Romanian steel plant ArcelorMittal Galati sold 794,000 tonnes of steel in the first half of the year, 56.1% down from the same period of 2008, according to company’s data.
- According to Romania’s president Traian Basescu, agriculture and tourism are sectors that may help the country to avoid another crisis in the future and they have to be a priority for the government.
- Romanian low cost airline Blue Air plans to carry 1.7 million passengers by the end of the year, a target equal to that of its main competitor, Hungarian Wizz Air, by consolidation of the domestic market, intra-European routes, expansion of its fleet and attracting a greater number of publicity contracts, general manager Adrian Ionascu said.
- The country’s largest electricity producer, state-owned Hidroelectrica, is in talks with several companies for the construction of biomass and wind energy plants, company’s manager Mihai David said.