Siemens Bulgaria, Nasekomo partner for insect protein boost
Albanian insurers GWP up 9.6% in Jan-Oct
Serbia's domestic PPI rises 0.8% y/y in Nov
Bulgaria's Etropal swings to 9-mo cons net profit
Arco Vara appoints general manager for Bulgaria
Jul 20, 2023 15:37 EEST
July 20 (SeeNews) - Bulgarian brewers invested 35 million levs ($20.1 million/17.9 million euro) in the sector in the first half of this year, the Union of Brewers in Bulgaria (UBB) said on Thursday.
The investments went towards green innovation, equipment and maintaining best practices in beer production, the UBB said in a press release.
UBB members, which account for 99% of the beer produced in the country, expanded their portfolios by eight new products in the January-June period.
From May to August, the average daily beer production amounts to 17,320 hectolitres, while some 19,110 hectolitres are sold.
In terms of beer sales distribution, restaurants account for 13%, while the remaining 87% of sales are made through stores and small commercial facilities, the Union said.
The UBB's members include major Bulgarian brewing companies such as Bolyarka - VT, Britos, Zagorka, Kamenitza, Carlsberg Bulgaria, Lomsko Pivo and Dorovski Invest, which is behind the Glarus craft beer range, as well as their equipment and raw material suppliers.
(1 euro = 1.95583 levs)
You have run out of free articles this month.
Sign up in for
and get ten (10) free articles per month or sign up for
and get unlimited access.
Browse our free newsletter options