Ljubljana stock indices edge up in lower turnover
Bosnia's Federation retail sales up real 8.8% y/y in Oct
Most Sofia bourse indices end higher, Eurohold paces gainers
Podravka, Adris boost Croatia’s share indices in lower turnover
Romanian stock indices turn green, MedLife shines
Nov 01, 2007 14:59 EEST
November 1 (SeeNews) - Bosnia's largest pastry producer, Mira, majority owned by Croatia's Kras, on Thursday reported a surge in net profit to some 985,000 marka ($729,000/504,000 euro) for the nine months of 2007 from some 14,000 marka a year earlier.
Company officials were not immediately available for comment.
Following are details from Mira's nine-month financial report, sent to the Banja Luka Stock Exchange, where the company is listed (in Bosnian marka):
Mira’s assets totalled 27.5 million marka at the end of September, up from 26.5 million marka nine months earlier.
Croatian blue-chip confectioner Kras has owned 75.7% of Mira since 2003. The remaining 24.3% is owned by small shareholders.
Mira said in December it planned to raise its output this year by 13% to 5,192 tonnes of biscuits and wafers, after producing a post-war high of 4,600 tonnes in 2006. The company, established in 1928, had an annual output of some 12,000 tonnes before the 1992-1995 war that left Bosnia divided into a Muslim-Croat Federation and a Serb Republic. Mira employs 536.
The company, based in the northwestern town of Prijedor, exports to the other countries of former Yugoslavia and the United States, Canada, Australia and Saudi Arabia.
(1 euro = 1.95583 Bosnian marka)
You have run out of free articles this month.
Sign up in for
and get ten (10) free articles per month or sign up for
and get unlimited access.
Browse our free newsletter options