You have 10 free articles left this month. Get your freeBasic subscription now and gain instant access to more.

Austria’s Strabag seeks to take part in construction of Bar-Boljare motorway - govt

Austria’s Strabag seeks to take part in construction of Bar-Boljare motorway - govt

PODGORICA (Montenegro), September 17 (SeeNews) – Austria’s Strabag is interested to participate in the construction of sections of the Bar-Boljare motorway in Montenegro, the government in Podgorica said after a meeting with the company in Vienna.

The 169 kilometre Bar-Boljare motorway will be part of the longer Bar-Belgrade stretch of Pan-European transport Corridor X, which will link Montenegro's Adriatic coast with the Serbian capital.

The company also showed interest to expand the cooperation on projects for the maintenance of local and regional roads in Montenegro, carried out by local company Crnagoraput, which is majority owned by Strabag, the Montenegrin government said in a statement on Tuesday, after transport minister Ivan Brajovic met the company's management.

Details were not provided.

The government said in a separate statement on Tuesday it was informed by China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC) that conditions are met for signing a deal for financing the construction of the Bar-Boljare motorway section. CRBC also expressed interest that the Montenegrin parliament will ratify the previously signed deal. The project will be funded with a loan from China's Ex-Im Bank.

Montenegrin government said in February, it signed a 809.6 million euro ($1.0 billion) deal with CRBC which together with China’s CRBC will build the Smokovac-Matesevo motorway section, which is part of Bar-Boljare motorway.

($=0.7722 euro)

Compare