December 17 (SeeNews) - The Macedonian Stock Exchange said it has cut the number of the components of its broader MBID index of most liquid companies to 10 from 11.
Poli MZT AD, a manufacturer of railway brakes that is part of Italy's Poli Group, and the Popova Kula winery were taken off the MBID, while Ading Skopje, a producer of chemical components for the construction industry, was added to the index, the bourse said in a statement on Wednesday.
The MBI-10 blue-chip index remained unchanged.
The MBID components accounted for 93% of the total turnover of the Macedonian Stock Exchange’s market of joint stock companies with reporting obligations in the last quarter of the year, the statement said.
The next regular quarterly revision of the MBID is due on March 15. The MBI-10 will be next revised on June 15.
The MBID index was introduced in June 2007 to supplement the blue-chip index MBI-10 and give a more comprehensive picture of the market.
Following is a list of the MBID components following the latest revision of the index:
1. ArcelorMittal Skopje AD (CRM) - Skopje, steel company
2. ArcelorMittal Skopje AD (HRM) - Skopje, steel company
3. 11 Oktomvri AD - Kumanovo, steel structures and tube producer
4. Makedonski Telekom AD - Skopje, the largest fixed-line operator, Internet provider, part of Magyar Telekom
5. Stopanska Banka AD Skopje, commercial bank, Greek-owned
6. NLB Tutunska Banka AD Skopje, commercial bank, part of Slovenian NLB banking group
7. Okta AD - Skopje, Macedonia's sole oil refinery, majority Greek-owned
8. Prilepska Pivarnica AD - Prilep, brewery, soft drinks producer
9. Rade Koncar AD - Skopje, electrical equipment producer
10. Ading AD Skopje - manufacturer of chemical components for construction industry
Stopanska Banka AD Skopje is among the biggest banks in SEE, for more reference take a look at Top 100 banks