You have 10 free articles left this month. Get your freeBasic subscription now and gain instant access to more.

Coronavirus cases in N. Macedonia rise to 177

Coronavirus cases in N. Macedonia rise to 177 Source: pixabay.com

SKOPJE (North Macedonia), March 25 (SeeNews) – The number of coronavirus cases in North Macedonia has increased to 177, the country's health minister Venko Filipce said on Wednesday.

Some 20 of the 29 new patients that have tested positive for the coronavirus in the past 24 hours are from Skopje. Kumanovo and Veles each have three new coronavirus cases, while Prilep has two and Debar has one new case, the health minister said on Twitter. 

The country has so far confirmed two deaths caused by the novel coronavirus disease.

Last week, North Macedonia's president Stevo Pendarovski declared a 30-day nationwide state of emergency.

The country also imposed a curfew in an effort to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus disease. The movement of all citizens is restricted across the country from 9 pm to 5 am.

In addition, people under 18 are not allowed to leave their homes from 9 pm until noon the following day, while people over 67 years of age are restricted from movement in the period between 11 am and 5 am the next day. 

Compare