Dec 24, 1992 - Balgarski Poshti i Dalekosaobshtenia OOD, a state-owned provider of postal and telephony services, splits into two companies – Balgarska Telekomunikatsionna Kompania EAD (Bulgarian Telecommunications Company EAD) and Balgarski Poshti EOOD (Bulgarian Posts). Bulgarian Telecommunications Company EAD (BTC EAD) is registered as a state-owned company with a subscribed capital of BGL 7,292,785,000, assuming part of the assets and liabilities of its predecessor.
1993 – BTC EAD and telecommunications services provider Sprint Bulgaria OOD establish Sofia-based Sprint Business Telecommunications Company OOD, engaged in voice and data transfer through Internet Protocol (IP) network. In mid-2001 BTC EAD acquires full ownership and renames it to BTC-Net EOOD.
Nov 14, 1995 – BTC EAD and Greek IT services provider Intracom S.A. establish Bulfon AD, involved in prepaid telephony. In May 2005, BTC AD fully acquires it.
Feb 20, 2004 - The Bulgarian Privatisation Agency sells a 65% stake in BTC EAD to Austrian Viva Ventures Holding GmbH, a subsidiary of the USA-based private equity company Advent International Corporation for EUR 275.356 mln. The Bulgarian Ministry of Transport holds the remaining 35%. Later, the company lists on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange.
Oct 27, 2004 – BTC AD establishes security services provider BTC Security EOOD, based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Jan 27, 2005 – The company carries out an Initial Public Offering (IPO) and lists 34.78% of its capital on the Unofficial Market of the Bulgarian Stock Exchange. Bulgaria's Ministry of Transport keeps one Golden Share to maintain control over the company.
June 2005 – The company carries out a 35:1 stock split.
Nov 25, 2005 – BTC AD establishes Sofia-based BTC Mobile EOOD, engaged in mobile telecommunications services.
Nov 30, 2005 – BTC's majority shareholder Viva Ventures Holding GmbH, Advent Central and Eastern Europe ІІ Ltd, a USA-based subsidiary of Advent International Corporation and Novator Telecom Bulgaria Ltd, British Virgin Islands, sign an option contract. Under the contract, Novator Telecom Bulgaria Ltd is to acquire 100% of Viva Ventures Holding GmbH and to become the majority shareholder in BTC AD after July 1, 2008.
May 3, 2007 - Novator Telecom Bulgaria Ltd and Viva Ventures Holding GmbH sign a contract with AIG Global Investment Group, an USA-based asset management company under which AIG Global Investment Group acquires 65% stake of Viva Ventures Holding GmbH in BTC AD.
Aug 21, 2007 – Bulgarian telecommunications company NEF Telecom Bulgaria Ltd, controlled by the USA-based AIG Global Investment Group, acquires the 65% stake in BTC AD from Novator Telecom Bulgaria Ltd.
August 2007 – NEF Telecom Bulgaria OOD buys another 25% stake in BTC AD.
November 2007 - NEF Telecom Bulgaria OOD acquires further 3.9% in BTC AD and raises its stake in the company to 93.97%.
June 18, 2008 – BTC Mobile EOOD (Bulgaria) merges into BTC AD.
Apr 23, 2009 – Kimimpeks Trade and Leasing OOD, Bulgaria, merges into the company.
September 2009 - BTC AD and Viva Telecom Bulgaria EAD form a new brand - VIVACOM.
Aug 12, 2010 - BTC AD sells 50% in the National Unit Radio and TV Stations (NURTS) company to Cyprus-based Mancelord Limited for EUR 57 mln. Under the agreement, BTC AD transfers NURTS into the special purpose vehicle, known as NURTS Bulgaria and owned by Mancelord.
September 2010 - VIVACOM starts providing television service branded VIVACOM TV.
Nov 9, 2012 - Viva Telecom Bulgaria EAD acquires 93.99% in BTC AD.
Jan 16, 2013 - Viva Telecom Bulgaria EAD increases its share in the company to 99.72%.
Oct 23, 2013 - BTC AD becomes wholly owned by Viva Telecom Bulgaria EAD and renames to Bulgarian Telecommunications Company EAD (BTC EAD).
Nov 5, 2013 - BTC EAD delists from the Bulgarian Stock Exchange (Stock Symbol: 5BT, ISIN: BG1100005997).
July 1, 2015 - The company acquires a 100% share of local company NURTS AD, worth a total of BGN 151.5 mln for an undisclosed sum.
July 31, 2017 - BTC EAD acquires a 100% share in Net Is Sat EOOD from a local company WM Finance Group.
Apr 17, 2019 - The company and the local Bulgarian American Credit Bank AD sets up local payment services software developer Paytech OOD with 50% shareholding each.
October 2019 - BTC EAD sells its 50% share in Paytech OOD to Bulgarian American Credit Bank AD.
November 2019 - Amsterdam-based United Group B.V. announces its plans to acquires BTC EAD.
Last updated on Nov 21, 2019.