- By country
- By industry
- By topic
- Top 100
PRISTINA (Kosovo), March 1 (SeeNews) - US-based ContourGlobal, in cooperation with Kosovo's government and the World Bank, will launch in April the tendering process for the construction of 600 MW Kosova e Re coal-fired power plant, Kosovo's economic development minister Blerand Stavileci said.
Construction works on the 1 billion euro ($1.06 billion) project will start in 2018, according to a statement released by the ministry on Tuesday.
Blerand Stavileci also said the government has been negotiating with ContourGlobal for almost a year. Previously, Blerand Stavileci had said that the plant's construction was expected to begin in the spring of 2017.
In December 2015, ContourGlobal signed a memorandum of understanding with the government for the financing of Kosovo's largest energy project, which will replace the country's 40-year-old Kosovo A plant and is seen as the only solution to the country's chronic air pollution and unreliable power supplies.
($ = 0.9471 euro)
Mar 01, 2017 19:54 CEST