You have 3 free articles left this month. Get your free Basic subscription now and gain instant access to more.

Romania's Hidroelectrica plans 300 MW solar park, green hydrogen plant

Romania's Hidroelectrica plans 300 MW solar park, green hydrogen plant Source: Hidroelectrica FB page

BUCHAREST (Romania), June 9 (SeeNews) - Romanian majority state-owned hydro power producer Hidroelectrica said on Thursday it is seeking consultants to draft a feasibility study for the construction of a 300 MW photovoltaic plant and a green hydrogen production plant on Olt river.

The solar park will be located in the former basin of the Fagaras-Hoghiz reservoir lake and the electricity produced will be used primarily to power the green hydrogen plant, which will be built in the second stage of the investment, the company announced in a tender notice published in Romania's electronic system for public procurement, SEAP.

Hidroelectrica also aims to produce green hydrogen with a 100 MW hydrolyzer which will use water from the Olt river.

The cost of the feasibility study is 12.4 million lei ($2.7 million/2.5 million euro) and the deadline for submitting offers is July 12.

Hidroelectrica is 80.06%-owned by the Romanian state, investment fund Fondul Proprietatea holds the remaining interest of 19.94%. The company has 209 hydro power plants with a total installed capacity of 6,482 MW in its portfolio.

In December, Hidroelectrica announced it is seeking consultants to draft a feasibility study for the construction of a 50MW green hydrogen production plant near the Portile de Fier gorge on the Danube.

(1 euro=4.9454 lei)

Hidroelectrica SA is among the biggest companies in SEE, for more reference take a look at Top 100 companies
Share this story
SeeNews in Brief

View our Newsletters

 
Compare