SeenewsSeenews
Search
Seenews
AlertsSeenewsSeenews
Searchclose
TOPICS
arrow
COUNTRIES
arrow
INDUSTRY
arrow
Economy
arrow
Browse Economy
Mix and match your focus countries with our advanced search
Investments
arrow
Browse Investments
Mix and match your focus countries with our advanced search
Deals
arrow
Browse Deals
Mix and match your focus countries with our advanced search
SEE TOP 100
arrow
Browse SEE TOP 100
Latest in SEE TOP 100
Tech
arrow
Browse Tech
Mix and match your focus countries with our advanced search
Green
arrow
Browse Green
Mix and match your focus countries with our advanced search
0/5
You have 5 free articles left this month
You have 0/5 free articles
Sign up to get 5 more free articles this month
SIGN UP
arrow
LOGIN
arrow

Austria's XXX Lutz opens 35 mln euro sales centre in Belgrade

Jun 14, 2024, 10:12:26 AMArticle by Iskra Pavlova
share
June 14 (SeeNews) - Serbia's Lesnina S, part of Austrian furniture retail chain XXX Lutz, said it has opened its first Lesnina XXXL retail centre in Belgrade, following investment of 35 million euro ($37.7 million).

Austria's XXX Lutz opens 35 mln euro sales centre in Belgrade
Lesnina S director Aleksandar Pavicevic/Photo: Lesnina

The new sales centre, spreading on an area of 12,000 sq m in the New Belgrade area of the Serbian capital, has created more than 150 new jobs, Lesnina said in a statement earlier this week.

"After five years of successful operations in Novi Sad, the time has come to open the first retail centre in the capital city," the head of Lesnina S, Aleksandar Pavicevic, said in the statement.

Lesnina has been part of the XXX Lutz group since 2010. The group has more than 370 retail centres in 13 European countries, Pavicevic noted.

The first Lesnina XXXL retail centre in Serbia was opened in May 2019 in the second largest city of Novi Sad, after a 20 million euro investment.

The Slovenian subsidiary of XXXL Lutz, LES-MMS Trgovska Druzba, controls 51% of Lesnina S, while the remaining 49% is owned by Croatia's Lesnina H, according to data from Serbia's business registry.

($ = 0.927 euro)

Your complete guide to the emerging economies of Southeast Europe. From latest news to bespoke research – the big picture at the tip of your fingers.