You have 3 free articles left this month. Get your free Basic subscription now and gain instant access to more.

Veolia to build 18 mln euro wastewater treatment plant in Serbia's city of Kraljevo

Veolia to build 18 mln euro wastewater treatment plant in Serbia's city of Kraljevo Veolia Environment

BELGRADE (Serbia), March 23 (SeeNews) - French water and waste management company Veolia Environnement will build an 18 million euro ($19.8 million) wastewater treatment plant in Kraljevo, in the central part of Serbia, the director of local water utility Vodovod Kraljevo said.

Through its Serbian subsudiary, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies, the company will begin the construction within the next twelve months, while the deadline for the project is three-and-a-half years, Aleksandar Protic told broadcaster RTK on Tuesday.

"Some 85% of the funds was secured through the European [Union's] funds, while the remaining 15% was granted by the [environment and finance] ministries," he noted.

Once completed and connected to the sewerage grid, the facility will service some 80,000 people, Protic added.

($ = 0.9092 euro)

 
Compare