- By country
- By industry
- By topic
- Top 100
PODGORICA (Montenegro), December 27 (SeeNews) – A total of 20 companies have expressed interest in obtaining a concession contract for the operation of Montenegro's two international airports - in Tivat and Podgorica, transport minister Osman Nurkovic said.
“Twenty renowned companies from all over the world are seriously interested in the concession of the Montenegrin airports. The government will try to immediately make decisions right after the New Year,” Nurkovic said, according to a Twitter post published by the Montenegrin government on Wednesday.
Nurkovic said in August the government plans to invite bids for a concession agreement with a term of 25 to 30 years for the operation of Tivat and Podgorica airports.
Montenegro hopes to find a company ready to invest at least 120 million euro ($141.2 million) in the two airports, prime minister Dusko Markovic said in September.
The airports in Podgorica and Tivat serviced a total of 1.206 million passengers in the first nine months of 2018, up 10.7% on the year, state-owned airport operator Aerodromi Crne Gore said last month.