You have 10 free articles left this month. Get your freeBasic subscription now and gain instant access to more.

Slovenia's SIJ skips dividend

Author Iskra Pavlova
Slovenia's SIJ skips dividend Author: SIJ. License: All rights reserved.

LJUBLJANA (Slovenia), August 30 (SeeNews) – Slovenian steel producer Slovenska Industrija Jekla (SIJ) said it will skip dividend distribution from its 2018 profit after it paying last year a gross dividend of 5.89 euro ($6.5) per share from its 2017 profit.

SIJ's shareholders approved at their August 29 meeting a decision to leave undistributed the entire 43.9 million euro profit for 2018, the company said in a Ljubljana bourse filing on Thursday.

A year earlier, SIJ's shareholders allocated to dividend distribution 5.7 million euro from the 49.3 million euro profit for 2017, while the remainder was left as undistributed.

Ljubljana-based Dilon, part of  Dutch-registered Dilon Cooperatief, controls some 74.3% of SIJ. The Slovenian government owns the remaining stake of 25.7%.

($=0.905560 euro)

Compare