November 26 (SeeNews) - Following are some of the main stories in the online versions of Romanian media on Thursday morning. SeeNews has not verified these reports and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
- The Romanian unit of Greece's Eurobank EFG group, Bancpost, cut its loss to 4.3 million euro in the first nine months this year from 7.6 million euro a year earlier, the parent bank said.
- Shareholders of the Romanian telecommunications group RCS&RDS wil discuss on December 22 a possible bond issue worth up to $200 million for international investors, the daily said.
- Romania's top oil and gas group OMV Petrom has offered for sale its five motels as part of plans to dispose of non-core assets, the daily said.
- Romania will start on Wednesday vaccination against A/H1N1 virus as 1.34 million vaccines will be supplied in the first stage of vaccination, the daily said.
- Romania's government will urge the parliament to approve a 100 million lei grant to Moldova and will supply the country with 400,000 doses of vaccine against the A/H1N1 virus, government's spokesperson Ioana Muntean said.
- Romania will be unable to prevent growing pressure on the leu, which in turn would have a negative impact on inflation and the leu-denominated household financial assets, without the 20 billion euro stand by deal led by the IMF, central bank governor Mugur Isarescu said.
- Germany's Daimler AG has become the sole shareholder of Mercedes-Benz Romania after local Tiriac Group sold its 49% stake in the company, the daily said.
- The capacity of the Romanian capital's largest airport, Otopeni, will rise to 6.0 million passengers from 4.5 million now following a 150 million euro investment in a new terminal to be completed by December 2010, the airport's director Tudor Jidav said.