You have 10 free articles left this month. Get your freeBasic subscription now and gain instant access to more.

Messer Slovenia swings to profit in 2018

Author Iskra Pavlova
Messer Slovenia swings to profit in 2018 Photo: All Rights Reserved

LJUBLJANA (Slovenia), July 16 (SeeNews) - Industrial and medical gases producer Messer Slovenia swung to a slim net profit of 25,000 euro ($28,000) last year after a loss of 927,000 euro in 2017.

The company's net sales revenue rose 12.8% to 23.3 million euro in 2018, Messer Slovenia said in an annual financial statement last week.

The company also said it turned to an operating profit of 166,700 euro in 2018, from an operating loss of 750,000 euro in 2017.

Messer Slovenia controls some 45% of the domestic market of liquid, special and medical gasses market, according to the statement.

Last year, Messer opened its first oxygen plant in Slovenia, worth 20 million euro, in the town of Skofja Loka, some 20 km north-west of Ljubljana.

In August 2018, Belgrade-based Messer Tehnogas acquired control of Messer Slovenia from Messer Belgium. All three companies are part of Germany's Messer Group.

Messer Tehnogas controls 91.24% in Messer Slovenia, while the Slovenian firm itself owns the remaining 8.76%.

Messer Slovenia employed 106 people as at the end of 2018.

($=0.889377 euro)

Compare