You have 10 free articles left this month. Get your freeBasic subscription now and gain instant access to more.

Coronavirus death toll in N. Macedonia rises to three, confirmed cases top 200

Coronavirus death toll in N. Macedonia rises to three, confirmed cases top 200 Source: freepik.com

SKOPJE (North Macedonia), March 26 (SeeNews) - North Macedonia has registered its third coronavirus death, as the number of patients diagnosed with the disease in the country reached 201, health minister Venko Filipce said on Thursday.

Over the past 24 hours, the country has registered 24 new coronavirus cases, Filipce said on Twitter. 

Three patients have so far recovered from the disease. 

Last week, North Macedonia's president Stevo Pendarovski declared a 30-day nationwide state of emergency.

The country also imposed a curfew in an effort to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus disease. The movement of all citizens is restricted across the country from 9 pm to 5 am.

In addition, people under 18 are not allowed to leave their homes from 9pm until noontime the following day, while people over 67 years of age are restricted from leaving their homes between 11 pm and 5 am the next day. 

North Macedonia's government decided on Wednesday to implement a 13-hour curfew on weekends, from 4 pm to 5 am. 

Compare