You have 3 free articles left this month. Get your free Basic subscription now and gain instant access to more.

ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 plant generates 12% of Bulgaria's 2021 power output

ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 plant generates 12% of Bulgaria's 2021 power output Author: TPP ContourGlobal Maritza Iztok 3 / All rights reserved.

SOFIA (Bulgaria), January 12 (SeeNews) - ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 thermal power plant (TPP) generated nearly 12% of Bulgaria's total electricity output last year, its operator said on Wednesday.

The electricity produced by the coal-fired power plant equals the average consumption of 1,235,000 Bulgarian households in 2021, ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 said in a press release.

The 908 MW power plant in southern Bulgaria is 73%-owned by London-listed power generation business ContourGlobal, with Bulgarian state-owned National Electricity Company holding the remaining 27% stake.

Share this story
SeeNews in Brief

View our Newsletters

 
Compare