You have 10 free articles left this month. Get your freeBasic subscription now and gain instant access to more.

Bulgaria's TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 grows 2019 output 19%

Author Mario Tanev
Bulgaria's TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 grows 2019 output 19% Author: ContourGlobal / All rights reserved.

SOFIA (Bulgaria), March 24 (SeeNews) - Bulgaria's thermal power plant (TPP) ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 said on Tuesday that its production increased by an annual 19% to 4.547 million MWh in 2019, covering 11% of the local market's electricity consumption.

The power plant increased its lignite consumption by 17% to 7.9 million tonnes, all of which came from the nearby Maritsa East complex, the power plant operator said in a statement.

The 908 MW TPP ContourGlobal Maritza East 3 is 73%-owned by energy giant ContourGlobal, with Bulgarian state-owned National Electricity Company holding the remaining 27% stake.

Compare