March 29 (SeeNews) - The gross written premiums of Albanian insurers increased by 19.07% year-on-year in the January-February period, reaching 3.297 billion leks ($31.4 million/29 million euro), official figures show.
Non-life insurance accounted for 91.59% of the total premium income in the period under review, whereas life insurance accounted for the remaining 8.41%, the Albanian Financial Supervisory Authority (AFSA) said on Tuesday.
Total gross claims paid rose 27.76% on the year to 1.1 billion leks in the review period.
The statistics comprises data from eight non-life insurance companies and four life insurers operating in Albania.
(1 euro = 113.624 leks)